Sunday, November 23, 2008

Personal- Holiday Traditions

Fellow romance author, Raine Delight has a blog topic dealing with holiday traditions. It got me thinking on some of the holiday traditions of my family that I've kept and the ones I've created for my family through the years. It also reminded me of some traditions I want to keep alive for the younger generation in our family tree.

One of my family traditions is Brandy Alexander's on New Year's Eve. This was started with my mom when I was a kid. It's a simple, elegant milkshake. Now for her, I'll be doing it every year from now on.

Vanilla ice cream, brandy (I recommend Bendictine or any other triple filtered brandy), half and half, nutmeg, cinnamon

What are the proportions? Depends on the amount you need to make. Normally, I use about 2 cups ice cream, 1/4-1/2 cup of brandy, a shake of cinnamon and nutmeg, then blend in blender, gently adding the half-n-half until the appropriate consistency. Then pour into highball glasses, sprinkle with nutmeg and serve. Normally this makes about 4-5 glasses depending on size. (continue reading &aquo;)

No comments: