Friday, November 21, 2008

Flash Fiction-

Sometimes, I have no idea on what to write for Flash Fiction day. Today is one of those days. Why? Because I got out of working today and I came home bored. I want to read books and do NOTHING. LMAO But there are ideas floating in my mind, the question is- what will come out?

Thinking on it, I wanted to revisit a story I've not finished telling, but have hinted at. That of Kymaera. She's one of my favorite female characters and someone whom I'm very fond of. Enjoy.


“Scream for me, sirrah.”


            Pyotr Sassylich looked around, his senses zooming in on the small grouping of people outside of Tavro’s nightclub. Moving swifter than a jaguar, he made his way towards the tiny group of men and women that surrounded the human female. Just what he didn’t need-- a confrontation with Jan Mueller, a fellow Vampyr from another line.


“No one is screaming tonight, Jan.” Pyotr put the growl in his voice. Just enough of a warning to make the younger Vampyr back away from the silver blonde hair woman. The rest scattered with the tone of warning. “You know better than this, Jan.”


“No, you refuse to acknowledge the truth, comrade.” Jan turned his amber eyes upon Pyotr. “This isn’t an ordinary-“


His comment was ended as the woman lashed out and took Jan out at the knees. His body shuddered on the ground unconscious as the woman spoke.


“Pyo, I didn’t need your help. I wanted to know just how far Jan would go. He verges on being Rogue.”


“Kymaera? But how come you seem-” He hesitated, trying to figure out how this woman, this woman from his past could be human, when she was an older vampyr than he was. He knew his sense wouldn’t lie to him about her being human.


The woman stood up and brushed off the dirt from her black outfit. Her green eyes twinkled. Green eyes? “Kymaera, how-”


“Seeker. I am Seeker now, Pyotr Sassylich.”


“Fuck that, Kymaera. You were once head…”


“Of the Sekhmet line. I know. No longer though, Pyo. I’m now Head Seeker for the High Council and you’ve ruined a perfectly good lead. I should bleed you or punish you for this, but I’m not into becoming splatter art for you.” Her voice was low and melodious. Somehow, this woman still affected him, feeling the trail of lust curl inside him.


Part of him seethed at knowing the woman who turned him was now human, something he could never be again. Yet, how did this ancient vampyr become human again? The risk at taking the Elixir d’Morte was too high for someone of her lineage. “Why?” It was all he could ask. It was the only question there was between them.

(continue reading &aquo;)

No comments: