Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lusting for the Omni-Sexual Man

Captain Jack Harkness. *sigh* I lust for this man in a way I've not lusted for any man since Dr. Daniel Jackson. Seriously. I adore, love, need Daniel Jackson with every fibre of my being. But Jack....Jack makes me want MORE. It's evil in a way, but there's that Bad Boy trying to do Good thing that just so works for me. Really, there aren't many men who can make me wish for time alone in any dark alleyway to....yeah, you get the point.

In fact, it's amazing to see and hear among other romance authors and readers just how much they fancy Captain Jack. Part of it is that he loves anyone regardless of life-form or gender capacity. Part of it is that bravado he has, along with a great helping of caring for others. Yet there's something else. For most women, and for some men-- he's the bad boy who turned good. He's still got those bad boy moments (anyone recalled Naked Hide and Go Seek with Ianto?) that just make us want to be bad with him. Those moments aren't anger filled, but those of loving and fun.

It's funny-- I'm not jealous of Ianto. Nope. But Gwen? She best stick with her new hubby and leave my Jack to Ianto and myself! I admit that there is some great sexual tension between Gwen and Jack and "Something Borrowed" really put a lot there that we only saw hinted at, but dammit...she's got her man. *sniffles*

Torchwood as a series is fantastic. The more I watch, the more I like it. The entire cast is fantastic and the characters have become part of my favourite peoples in my mind. They've joined others like the cast from SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Wire in the Blood, Dr. Who, and some others. Jack shines in this story, and not because he's the first omnisexual on television, but because he creates opportunities for all the characters to have their moment while with him. The storylines are such that you believe in the possibility of it truly happening under our noses.

But back to the Omni-Sexual male. Why does he charm me? I guess in some ways, his inner demons reflect my own. There are things we learn about him, usually without him wanting anyone to know that truly shows us the bad and the good within Jack. He's become a better person after his run-in with the Doctor and with the Torchwood team, he's coming into his own. Yet, there is that overtly sexual aspect that makes us smile, blush, and wish for him to gaze into our eyes just once. (If he did, I'd either kiss him or stutter...it's a bet on which happens first.)

If you've not seen Torchwood-- start with Season One and enjoy. Come to know one of the sexiest men on television today. But remember-- he's my Captain Jack Harkness...you can look but no touchie! LOLOLOL

No comments: