Sunday, September 30, 2007

I hate edits

I'm glad my editor and I have gotten things straighten out now that I've looked at my edits. First-- I will never ever have to change things that she could've changed and not leave messy evil comment boxes on. Second--I hate edits and would rather have to add sentences, revise, then have to deal with the grammar crap. That said-- I don't make many errors on grammar, but when I do-- they're damn good errors. LOLOLOL

How does this affect things? I have until Friday night to get this byotch whipped into shape. Those of you who remember the first Treaty of Desire-- the story is the same, but there's more richness and depth to this version. Plus, I also edited out a couple of things I didn't want to include much now. Though, those of you who remember in Bardic Tales, the story of Frelin and Micheal-- there will be a reference to some aspects of the Marauders in the story. (Hey! It's all in the family in my world!)

Just to let you know-- the dedication in this book are to people whom I love dearly and who mean the world to me. I didn't get to name everyone--so don't feel left out. Eventually, I'll have a page and a half for all my dedications or something. LMAO But a huge MUAH to Joanie and Eric. Eric introduced me to the original Frelin--and from there, it was only a race change while keeping his arrogance. LOL Thanks, Eric, for everything and thanks to Joanie for opening her arms to me when I needed it most.

Sinjin--you and I have much to discuss over time. But more than that--I owe you for healing me enough to write again. You've given me back something that means the world to me....my need to write. I was so lost without it, but I was so empty, so hurt, so numb. Then you came to me as friend, and now as heartmate and with you, Nik, and Shar....I am writing again. Hell, the new version of Making of a Man...I'm REALLY REALLY thrilled with it. It's not like anything I've ever written before, but something more. Something that's erotica, but mainstream, something that hits the soul, makes you weep, yet makes you yearn, it's the sum of many of my experiences, yet made of more that I've yet to do. But at its heart-- it's the making of a man-- a man who is hero, lover, fighter, and healer to those whom he loves and those who love him. Thank you.

1 comment:

Tambra said...

Cyn,

You've been an inspirationa to me for a long time. I love your writing and am thrilled you are back at it again.

Blessing to you,
Tambra